银河国际官网l de la Raza is taking every recommended precaution to protect our clients, 工作人员, 社区, 以及普通公众接触冠状病毒的风险.
在这次危机, 银河国际官网的客户和社区-租户, 工人, 移民-将有更大的迫切需要法律服务. 在提供这些服务的同时限制对冠状病毒的接触, we will close our drop-in legal clinics and physical offices to the public from March 16 until April 7, and transition as much as possible to the remote provision of legal services, 通过电话, video, 等. We will continue to be physically present in court (if they are open) and for other clients needs when there is no other option. Our goal is to fortify our organization’s remote infrastructure to not only respond to the current crisis, 同时也扩大银河国际官网的远程能力. 这提高了银河国际官网帮助残疾人客户的能力, 老年人, 交通不便者, and any individual whose work schedules or limitations would prohibit them from coming to our office in person.
We did not make the decision to close in-person clinics or the whole office lightly, 银河国际官网将继续为有需要的客户提供远程服务. We have also used this time to continue our policy advocacy and supporting 社区 efforts, 比如在这场危机中停止驱逐. 银河国际官网希望你能加入银河国际官网，为迫切的社会需要而努力. 请看看下面的行动和方式，你可以支持.
We will provide updates as we continue to explore the best ways to provide legal services to our 社区, 同时也注意公共卫生指导. Our priority is the safety and health of our clients, 工作人员, and all vulnerable 社区 members.
1) Make your voice heard to elected official (local, statewide, nationwide)
- Demand that Governor Newsom issue a statewide moratorium on evictions and public utility shutoffs. California needs a full evictions moratorium that stops evictions for all causes, 不只是因为不付房租. It is dangerous to allow evictions to continue during the public health crisis. Contact your state legislator to demand that they support a full moratorium with no exceptions. 这个标志 访问请求 calling for a statewide moratorium on evictions and public utility shut-offs, 致电916-445-2841向总督查询, 在http://findyourrep上找到你的州议员.立法机关.ca.gov /;
- 所有加州城市的市长和市议会, 包括奥克兰, 海沃德, 阿拉米达, and San Leandro should (1) enact a full moratorium on all unlawful detainer (eviction) actions to protect immunocompromised people who should not have to choose between health and housing and (2) provide financial relief to impacted 工人 who may be temporarily unable to pay their rent. 暂缓驱逐应该包括所有驱逐的原因, not just nonpayment of rent so that everyone is protected from homelessness during the crisis;
- Call on the 阿拉米达 County Courts to (1) stop entering default judgments so tenants who can’t come to the courthouse don’t automatically lose their cases; (2) delay all eviction cases, 包括结算会议, 试验日期, and hearings to enter judgment; (3) for the Courts tell the Sheriff to stop executing eviction judgments for 60 days. 你们可以拨打主审法官Tara DeSautels的电话510-891-6040;
- We’ve stepped up to ICE to demand they release all COVID-19 vulnerable people. We must advocate for our imprisoned 社区 members to flatten the curve;
- 现在就加入银河国际官网，要求@icegov释放所有被监禁的人. # FreeThemAll # ParoleThemAll.
- Release all noncitizens detained by the Department of 首页land Security for civil administrative charges especially, 最脆弱的, 包括50岁以上的人, 有长期疾病的人, 或者免疫系统受损的人. # FreeThemAll
- Demand that noncitizens detained through Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) are granted parole and asylum is restored in accordance with our international and federal obligations. Now, the DHS considers MPP folks detained so they have rights to due process. # ParoleThemAll
- Release all the remaining detained population where there is no or low risk to public safety or national security;
- Ensure every person held in immigration detention centers during the COVID-19 pandemic has ongoing access to confidential communication with legal counsel;
- Ensure every person has access to their hearings in immigration court and guarantee that no person’s immigration case is negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- ICE必须立即采取预防措施, proactive measures against the COVID-19 pandemic as they are wholly responsible for protecting the health and well being of its nearly 2,人口000人;
- 为了支持这一需求，请拨打1-866-DHS-2ICE并引用上述要点. 请分享 & 转发以提高意识.
2) 银河国际官网l de la Raza asks local cities and counties for the following commitments to marginalized 社区 members, 如工人们, 银河国际官网不受庇护的移民社区:
- 圣所的城市, 喜欢奥克兰, should reaffirm their institutional commitment to undocumented residents and the immigrant 社区 who may be the targets of xenophobic and racist discrimination or criminalization;
- 停止拆除营地, which have been declared safer than current indoor shelters or navigation shelters by medical officials. 银河国际官网呼吁伯克利和奥克兰的城市, 以及加州运输局, to stand in solidarity with our unhoused 社区 members during this unprecedented pandemic;
- 最后, we are urging local and state policymakers to expand paid sick leave protections for 工人 and to invest in emergency financial assistance for independent contractors and undocumented 工人 who are no longer able to work as a result of the coronavirus.
3) 银河国际官网l de la Raza需要您的支持. Centro 工作人员 has been moving quickly to respond to the growing crisis equitably and responsibly. 虽然银河国际官网已经关闭了实体诊所, 工作人员 is working around the clock to ensure clients continue to receive the critical legal services they need. 只有在疫情期间得到你们的持续支持，这才有可能实现. 今天请点击这里送礼物， and ensure that the most impacted members of our 社区 have access to justice.
The Covid-19 crisis continues to be a dynamic and progressive situation, and we are monitoring developments closely to ensure the safety and wellness of our clients, 工作人员, 和社区. 银河国际官网感谢你们在这个关键时刻的同情和承诺.
银河国际官网l de la Raza员工和董事会